Friday, June 17, 2011

Flea Market Follow Up & Other Shout Outs

I hate to say it, but I need (want) to get a smart phone. If I had one, then you'd be looking at pictures from the Punk Rock Fleamarket instead of just reading text. This is not to say that text is insufficient. I love text. My livelihood depends on it, and I pretty much want to marry it...


But I digress.

The Flea Market was a success by my calculations. Excellent weather, great people watching, and a ton of cool offerings. I shared a space with two darling friends and together we baked in the sun.

I sold a few pieces, including a pair of Brass Honeycomb Studs, which a gal named Carrie picked up and wrote about in her blog, I Bleed Baubles. Carrie writes about all things jewelry and says funny stuff like, "I am the Lays potato chip ad of jewelry wearers." How could you not be interested in getting to the bottom of such as statement?

For those in So. Cal, I recommend hitting up the Unique LA craft fair on July 30th and 31st. My little sister Amanda of Mandalanda will be there selling her wares. She makes purses, clutches, and handbags out of old hardcover books and turns the excess pages into earrings, brooches, card wallets and whatever awesome thing she can cook up!

Edgar Alan Poe Brooch by Mandalanda

It's been a very busy month, but I've got more updates coming, including a 14k white gold fiasco/happy ending and what I'm up to now that I'm an ordained minister.

Happy trails!
xo

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear about some sales made and fun had.

    I didn't know your sister also did this creative stuff! Very cool!

    Nice entry on I Bleed Baubles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yep, my sister is a crafty badass. My brother is a pretty good illustrator, too. It's fun that we can all relate in that way. Too bad I didn't get the tall gene, though. My siblings swept up in that category.

    ReplyDelete